The Importance of Committees
Every organization needs leaders and every leader needs a strong team to help guide the direction the organization takes. SDA New York is no different. Our committees are tasked to help shape our goals enhance and foster a solid networking community among administrative and operation professionals within the AEC Community.
Your voice matters and will be heard. Join a Committee today and help us shape the future. Contact Ellie Tsakonas for more information
See a list of Committee Functions (Click Here)
Following is a list of the Standing and Special Committees of the NY Chapter of the Society for Design Administration including contact information for the current Committee Chairs.
- Consider, edit and/or correlate such amendments as it may originate and as are referred to it by the Board.
- Submit proposed Chapter Bylaws
to National Bylaws Committee for review and/or approval prior to voting by
Chapter Members and enactment.
- Maintain a file copy of the
current Bylaws and Standing Rules, including applicable National amendments.
Provide a signed copy for the
files of National Headquarters.
Prepare any proposed amendments
to the National Bylaws for review by the Board and approval prior to
submission to National.
Advise the Chapter in writing as
to the procedure for reconciling a conflict
- Develop and administer programs of continuing education for the membership.
- Plan and administer seminars.
- Share program and seminar information with other chapters and National.
- Promote certification of members.
- Find hosts for Best Business Practices Lunches.
- Coordinate preparation of Best Business Practices announcement.
- Track and issue member credit certificates and liaison to Education committee
- Audit the previous year
- Prepare the budget for the coming year.
- Obtain approval of the annual budget by the Board.
- Provide each Officer and Committee Chairperson with an estimated budget for that office or Chairpersonship.
- Make pertinent recommendations as to financial operation of the Chapter
- Record and store the chapter history
- Maintain, in confidentiality, information regarding openings at various firms, and regarding positions being sought.
- Match openings to positions requested as directed by the employer and the applicant.
- Publish openings as they become available.
- Send, when confirming a placement, a Request for Donation, in addition to a Thank You note for utilizing the services of the Committee, and to forward any donations/contributions received to the Treasurer.
- With the Board’s approval, prepare and publish current information about the Chapter.
- Prepare publicity statements for release through all available news media, publications of the AIA, and other publications and trade journals.
- Prepare material for upload to Chapter website and social media and keep the material current
- Work on creating promotional events and products to create non-dues revenue for the Chapter.
- Develop ideas for future updates and new webpages.
- Prepare and coordinate invitations and mailings for special events.
- Coordinate the development and publication of the New York Chapter newsletter, SkyLines.
- Maintain an accurate roster of present members.
- Establish contact with prospective members.
- Maintain a packet of current information on the Chapter for distribution to prospective members.
- Welcome new members to the Chapter and invite them to upcoming events
- Exposure to our various resources
- Expand our network of A/E/C contacts
- Encourage members’ professional and personal growth
- Review Chapter membership for possible officer candidates
- Confirm officer candidate’s eligibilty for office
- Reach out to possible candidates re: officer positions
- Prepare and issue slate of officers to membership prior to voting