Canstruction New York 2014
Click on the photo to take a virtual tour of the 2014 exhibitThanks to ArtsBrookfield, there were, also, 3 Structures on display in November outside of the competition at the following Brookfield Office Properties locations:
- Grace Building, 1114 Avenue of the Americas (entrance on 42nd Street between 5th and 6th Avenues)
- 245 Park Avenue
- One Liberty Plaza, 165 Broadway
The 2014 winners!The winners of the 22nd Annual Canstruction Competition are:
Jurors' Favorite: Hungry to the Core by Leslie E. Robertson Associates (LERA)
Structural Ingenuity: Turn it Around by GACE Consulting Engineers, PC
Best Meal: Hounding Hunger by RAND Engineering & Architecture, DPC
Best Use of Labels: StaTUNA of Liberty by Gilsanz Murray Steficek LLP
Honorable Mention: The Thinker by CetraRuddy
Honorable Mention: A Balanced Meal by Gensler
Most Cans: Van Gogh Away Hunger! by STUDIOS Architecture with 6,000 cans
The Cheri Award was given to CetraRuddy for their entry The Thinker. This was the fifth annual awarding of this prize named for Canstruction Founder, Cheri C. Melillo. Each year the criteria for this award changes and is awarded by the organizing committee or its agents. Cheri’s son, Brion van Over, and husband, Bruce Melillo awarded this year's prize to a team that has embodied the perseverance that Cheri was known for.
Congratulations to all of the winners and thank you to everyone who made the 22nd Annual New York City Canstruction Design/Build Competition possible.
The jury was comprised of:
- Catherine McVay Hughes, Chair, Manhattan Community Board 1
- Robert Simko, Co-Founder/Co-Editor/Publisher, The Broadsheet
- Jason Cameron, Host of DIY Network’s Desperate Landscapes, Man Caves and Sledgehammer
- Jordan Gruzen, FAIA, Director Emeritus, Gruzen Samton
- Gavin McCloskey, Founder and President, nourishsnacks.com
Left to Right: Robert Simko, Jason Cameron, Catherine McVay Hughes, Jordan Gruzen, FAIA and Gavin McCloskey
Photo: Tara Davis, Brookfield Office Properties
Canstruction New York canstructures do well in Atlanta!
Follow Canstruction® New York on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.