The 26th Annual Canstruction New York Exhibit was a great success!
We hope you were able to visit the 2018 exhibit at Brookfield Place. If not, take a virtual tour of the exhibit below. We collected almost 65,000 pounds of food from the cans and other non-perishable food items in the cansculptures and the public donations for City Harvest!
We have our winners!
Congratulations to the award winners of the 26th Annual Canstruction New York Design/Build Competition:
- Best Original Design - RAND Engineering & Architecture, DPC: Time's Up for Hunger
- Structural Ingenuity and People's Choice - HOK: CAN-un-DRUM
- Best Use of Labels and Most Cans - WSP USA: Grand CANyon 8,235 cans
- Best Meal - AKF Engineers: Gnome More Hunger
- Honorable Mention - LERA Consulting Structural Engineers: Outrunning Hunger
- Honorable Mention - STUDIOS Architecture - Now You See It - Now You Don't
- Cheri Award - WB Engineers+Consultants: Kong-quer Hunger!
About this year's Jury
- Michael Carron, Partner, TLM Group LLC
- Dan Churchill, Executive Chef, Charley St
- John Gering, AIA, Managing Partner, HLW
- Molly Heintz, Editor in Chief, Oculus Magazine
- Matthew Katakis, Owner, Butcher Bar and Pita Pan
- Peter Poulakakos, Founder, HPH Hospitality
- Katie Workman, Author and Blogger, Dinner Solved!; The Mom 100 Cookbook; The Mom 100 Blog
From left to right: Dan Churchill, Peter Poulakakos, John Gering, Matthew Katakis, Katie Workman, Michael Carron, and Molly Heintz
Follow Canstruction® New York on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.