TEAM INFORMATION 2020
NEW: The 2020 Canstruction New York Virtual Design and Fundraising Competition Call for Entries is now open!
If your firm is interested in participating in this challenging and rewarding competition this year, please fill out the entry form online at https://www.sdanyc.org/canstruction/call-for-entries/. This year we have 2 options for teams:
- Option 1 - Virtual Build with a fundraising component - The general concept is to build and submit a virtual 3D rendering with actual can labels and specifications. The goal is to fundraise the cost of the cans that would be needed to actually build the structure.
- Option 2 - Virtual Fundraiser - Set a team goal and fundraise as a team.
Deadlines and Important Dates (to be updated)
Add the 2019 Canstruction New York Team Google Calendar to your phone or app: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/8g9aum0l9df7l0i60h679emalg%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics or open the calendar in your browser at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=8g9aum0l9df7l0i60h679emalg%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York Or download the calendar in pdf (2019 Calendar-Team.pdf) or Excel (2019 Calendar-Team.xlsx) format
• August 5, 2019 – Deadline for entry
The Canstruction® New York 2019 Call for Entries is open until August 5, 2019. Complete the form online at https://www.sdanyc.org/canstruction/call-for-entries/ to reserve your team's spot for 2019. We will hold your spot while your entry fee is in transit as long as the available spots have not been taken.
For more details about the competition milestone dates, download our Call for Entries Announcement.
• Wednesday, August 21, 2019 – Mandatory Kickoff Meeting – at least one member of your team MUST attend.
Time: 6:30 p.m.
21 Penn Plaza
360 West 31st Street (btw 8th and 9th Avenues)
NY, NY 10001
• September 9, 2019 – Design Submission due – detailed drawing or computer image with exact dimensions (L, W, H) of your structure in either JPG or PDF format. DO NOT send CAD files. Email to email@example.com by 6 p.m. with subject line “Structure Submission.” If your design concept changes significantly after initial submission you must submit a new or revised design sketch.
• September 9, 2019 - GOYA Sponsorship due. If your team’s structure will be built with 100% Goya products and you wish to be considered for the GOYA sponsorship, email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. with subject line “GOYA Sponsorship Submission.”
• September 16, 2019 – Fill out the 2019 Social Media Information Form by this date. We'd like to have the social media information in place as soon as possible, so we can coordinate with our teams and partners. If you can please submit this information sooner.
• September 16, 2019 Submit Office Building Insurance Certificate request (all teams, except those exempted). Here is a Certificate of Insurance Sample
• September 23, 2019 – Order cans from Jetro/Hyco and Goya before this date to ensure that you receive your cans in time to do test builds and to remedy any mistakes that may occur with your order or delivery.
• September 30, 2019 – Movers’ Manifest submission due. This is submitted in two parts - Part A: Fill out the form at https://forms.gle/RtRQDoNyg5XEWwZ26 online and Part B: Download at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dWxlrwBdGi28SY4lcqwNyKd29ss4IN7EbcY2qyBN_4M/edit?usp=sharing, in the Google Sheet File menu (not the browser File menu), choose Download As-->Microsoft Excel, you may also copy the Google Sheet (File-->Make a Copy)and fill out online if you have a Google Drive account, rename the form per instructions with your firm name first, fill it out and return it to email@example.com
• September 30, 2019 – Fill out and submit the online Mission Board Form at https://forms.gle/KBGkEi1iRGjKx3cJ9 by this date.
• October 17, 2019 – MANDATORY team meeting from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Brookfield Place – We will meet at the base of the Grand Stairs in the Winter Garden. Directions to Brookfield Place or View a map
• October 28 – November 1, 2019 – Food and Build material Pick-up days (Schedule will be provided to teams)
• November 1, 2019 – There are several available food options at Hudson Eats and throughout Brookfield Place to get dinner (see https://bfplny.com/directory/food/all. Plan ahead what you will bring or order for Build Night food, beverages (no alcohol is permitted in the public spaces), and snacks.
• November 4, 2019 – Fill out and submit the Build Night Participants form no longer needed because Brookfield Place is a 24 hour building.
• November 4 & 5, 2019 – Load-in days (Cans and other building materials must be delivered to venue on these days)
• November 6, 2019 – Canstruction Build Night Instructions for teams - 2019 Team Build Out Instructions
• November 7, 2019 – Fill out the Gala Attendee form https://forms.gle/qi1qfQ4xtkFxNiad6, please use the Gala Night Attendee Addition and Change form https://forms.gle/5Y8nHdUyjMqcefzdA if you have additional attendees because you sold additional raffle tickets or if you need to swap out a name. You can make changes right up until 12 p.m. on the day of the Gala. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
• November 11, 2019 – Judging of structures followed by Awards Gala at Battery Gardens, 1 Battery Place , New York, NY 10004. Check in begins at 6:00 p.m. and the Awards Ceremony will begin around 7 p.m. Download Directions or View a Map
• November 21, 2019 – Raffle Deadline Submit the 2019 Team Raffle Sales Form at https://forms.gle/LscFdmQYH4K5eBv36 and then turn in the ticket stubs, unsold tickets and check or money at DeCanstruction or arrange drop off with us at email@example.com at any time
• November 21, 2019 – DeCanstruction 6:45 PM Check in, 7:00 PM Start
• November 25, 2019 – Raffle drawing, 6:30 p.m., location changed due to conflict 21 Penn Plaza, 360 West 31st Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10001-2727. Please RSVP to Kelly Loughran (firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
All CNY photos should be credited to Canstruction New York, all other structure photos should be credited to Ashok Sinha Photography @ashoksinhaphoto on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. All Gala Night photos should be credited to Sunny Norton Photography - Facebook @sunny.norton, Twitter and Instagram @sunnynorton
Link to structure photos on Google Photos- https://photos.app.goo.gl/VXQ8a3pLzeDhae2E8
Link to Gala Night photos on Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6Y5mVi5YagUSdrhr7
Forms and other Information for Teams[forms will be added as they become available]
•Team Captain Slideshow, which makes a good presentation to show your colleagues to recruit team members.
• 2019 Team Calendar - Add the 2019 Canstruction New York Team Google Calendar to your phone or app: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/8g9aum0l9df7l0i60h679emalg%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics or open the calendar in your browser at https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=8g9aum0l9df7l0i60h679emalg%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York Or download the calendar in pdf (2019 Calendar-Team.pdf) or Excel (2019 Calendar-Team.xlsx) format
• 2019 Mission Board Online Form - https://forms.gle/KBGkEi1iRGjKx3cJ9
• The 2019 Online Pick-Up Location Information form - https://forms.gle/RtRQDoNyg5XEWwZ26 - and the Structure Ingredients worksheet, Part B: Download at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dWxlrwBdGi28SY4lcqwNyKd29ss4IN7EbcY2qyBN_4M/edit?usp=sharing, in the Google Sheet File menu (not the browser File menu), choose Download As-->Microsoft Excel, you may also copy the Google Sheet (File-->Make a Copy)and fill out online if you have a Google Drive account, rename the form per instructions with your firm name first, fill it out and return it to email@example.com
• 2019 Team Raffle Sales Form online - https://forms.gle/LscFdmQYH4K5eBv36. Raffle tickets- if you wish to obtain tickets before the Team Structure Site and Logistics meeting or need additional tickets, please contact Katie Devlin at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule pick up at TLM Group, 450 7th Ave Suite 2104, New York, NY 10123.
• 2019 Canstruction New York Structure Locations at Brookfield Place To be added Last year's structure location map. For reference only
• SDA Canstruct-a-Member Application. If your firm participates in Canstruction this year, then an administrator from your firm can qualify for free National membership dues for a year. Membership begins on the competition build-out date and expires one year later. Please pass along the application to an administrator in your firm.
• Download and print or email any of the Canstruction 2019 Exhibition ads and the Raffle Sales Poster to post at your office (or wherever)
2019 ad from Brookfield - To Be Added
2019 Raffle Poster describing event for printing (pdf) - and editable version(docx). To Be Added
2019 Raffle poster listing prizes for printing (pdf) - and editable version (docx) To Be Added
Download the list of last year's raffle prizes: 2018 Raffle Prize List
• All announcements to participating teams will be made through the Canstruction® New York Team Mailing list:
• To post a query to the entire Canstruction NY team mailing list (all teams and committee members), send an email to email@example.com Replies will go to the original sender. Please use Reply All only to reply to the entire list. • You must be subscribed to the Canstruction NY Team Mailing list to be able to send an email to the mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must send the email to the Mailing list from the email address you are subscribed under (where you receive the team emails). If you wish to change your email address for the Mailing list or be added to the Mailing list, send an email to email@example.com with your request. • There is an archive of all Canstruction NY Mailing list posts available to all subscribed members at: http://eight.pairlist.net/mailman/private/canstruction_ny To receive a reminder email of your password in order to view the archives, go to https://pairlist8.pair.net/mailman/listinfo/canstruction_ny and enter your email at the very bottom of the page.
Teams should direct all emails for the organizing committee to firstname.lastname@example.org, which is automatically distributed to all main members of the committee.
WE'RE BACK AT BATTERY GARDENS IN 2019!
Monday, November 11 at 6:30PM
1 Battery Place
New York, NY 10004
Follow Canstruction® New York on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.