Welcome to the SDA New York Chapter
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
What an amazing Saturday Afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone face to face in San Diego for EDS2021!! https://t.co/9s9XPmW81z
News & Events
Programs, roundtables, tours, and networking events.
Help Us Help Each Other!
SDA New York has been monitoring the rapidly changing situation related to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Although most of us are working from home now. we are all in this together - the essence of all of our jobs is to plan, organize, and help our firms and our employees.
Communication and education still remain key. With that in mind, we have revamped our events for the next two months. Beginning Wednesday, April 1st we will start a weekly Wednesday lunchtime series of virtual roundtables focused on the operational areas of our companies (PEGs in SDA language!)
Most sessions will be 30 minutes, with a presenter describing how their areas have changed, tips and solutions to the problems they are facing, followed by questions and discussion from our attendees. The sessions will be conducted on Zoom, and details will be sent as soon as sessions are confirmed.
Wednesday Roundtable SeriesFree to SDA Members - limited registration available
Register Now for the next sessions to the right!
- 4/1 - IT - Online Team Collaboration Software – Amy J. Nanni, CDFA Request recording and handout
- 4/8 - IT - Tom Hernandez Request recording
- 4/15 - Operations – Peggy M. McGrath No recording
- 4/22 - Wellness – Elena Gutierrez Request recording
- 4/29 - Finance – Maria Iacovone Request recording
- 5/6 - Immigration – Jeff Margolis Request recording
- 5/13 - Marketing – Kim Celenza Request recording
- 5/20 - Legal Issues Reopening your Workplace - Daniel Goldberg, Offit | Kurman Attorneys at Law Request recording
- 5/27 - Reopening Our Offices - Sabrina Heard, FSDA Request recording
- 6/3 - Employee Morale During COVID - Mary-Brett O'Bryan
- 6/10 - SDA NY Member Happy Hour
- 6/17 - Leading Through the Pandemic from a Principal's Perspective - Ronnette Riley, FAIA Upcoming
- 6/24 - SDA NY Virtual Roundtable Open Forum
SDA recognizes five core areas as vital to better practice management in A/E/C firms. By centering its educational content on these areas, SDA provides members with both the breadth and depth necessary to excel in the design industry. These 5 areas are the foundation for continuing education seminars, on-line resources, networking opportunities, and the SDA Certification Program.
SDA, the recognized leader in education for best practices in the A/E/C industry, offers a credential that recognizes your administrative and management expertise, the Certified Design Firm Administrator (CDFA) designation. The CDFA credential is a voluntary certification designed to test professional practice management and contribute to an administrator's personal and professional growth as well as their firm’s organizational growth and maturity through better practices in design firm management. Enhanced marketability and increased earning potential are just two of the many benefits CDFA certification provides.
Let SDA New York help you achieve your career goals in 2019!