Welcome to the SDA New York Chapter
News & Events
Programs, roundtables, tours, and networking events.
Wednesday Roundtable SeriesFree to SDA Members - limited registration available
Wednesday Roundtable Series
We have exciting up-coming programs, including the following:
The SDA New York Chapter is marking April Administrative Professionals Month with a series of three special programs focusing on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word with Melissa Esquibel, MCT, President, MPELLC (there will be a small charge for members and non-members outside SDA New York, plus we will offer a discount for those signing up for all 3). See the dates and details for the sessions to the right.
- 4/1 - IT - Online Team Collaboration Software – Amy J. Nanni, CDFA Request recording and handout
- 4/8 - IT - Tom Hernandez Request recording
- 4/15 - Operations – Peggy M. McGrath No recording
- 4/22 - Wellness – Elena Gutierrez Request recording
- 4/29 - Finance – Maria Iacovone Request recording
- 5/6 - Immigration – Jeff Margolis Request recording
- 5/13 - Marketing – Kim Celenza Request recording
- 5/20 - Legal Issues Reopening your Workplace - Daniel Goldberg, Offit | Kurman Attorneys at Law Request recording
- 5/27 - Reopening Our Offices - Sabrina Heard, FSDA Request recording
- 6/3 - Employee Morale During COVID - Mary-Brett O'Bryan Request recording
- 6/10 - SDA NY Member Happy Hour
- 6/17 - Leading Through the Pandemic from a Principal's Perspective - Ronnette Riley, FAIA Request recording
- 6/24 - SDA NY Virtual Roundtable Open Forum Request recording
- 7/22 - SDA NY Summer Social
- 8/12 - Back to Work Re-Entry Plan – Peggy M. McGrath Request recording
- 8/19 - Construction & Infrastructure Opportunities during a Pandemic – Katie Devlin Request recording Presentation to be added
- 8/26 - Updates to PPP Loan Forgiveness and Experience Opening the Office – Maria Iacovone Request recording
- 9/16 - Returning to the Office: Ventilation and Indoor Air Strategies – David Cooper of WSP Request presentation and recording
- 9/22 - Opportunities to Maintain Profitability Amid COVID-19 Challenges – Elizabeth Shriver
- 9/30 - Employee Morale During Work From Home (WFH) – Farzana Ghanie
- 10/28 - Reopening Strategies 2020 - Newell Chavis and John J. McCarthy
- 10/29 - Halloween Networking and Social Event
- 11/4- Virtual Reality: Tactics for Improving Your Presence and Communication with Vocal Inflection - Jen Newman, Elevate Marketing Advisors, FSMPS, CPSM
- 11/11 - Virtual Communications Skills Workshop - Noël Kepler, Executive Communications Advisor and Global Communications Strategist
- 11/17 - SDA New York Chapter General Business Meeting
- 1/27 - Let’s Discuss…Building Better Managers - Omar Vega
- 2/10 - Let’s Discuss...Covid 2021 - Pat Leyden, CDFA Upcoming
- 2/24 - Eat Yourself Healthy: Health & Wellness Webinar - Jason Rodriguez
SAVE THE DATES!
We have exciting up-coming programs, below are a few in the works:
Legal Issues - 2021
Tips and Tricks on Controlling & Running Zoom Meetings
Roundtable on A/R and A/P Procedures
Setting Up and Using Google Forms for Interactive Workflows
The SDA New York Chapter won the 2020 Best in Class Membership Campaign Award!
Congratulations to our very own Kim Celenza!Kim is the new National Vice President.
Congratulations to our 2020 Star Award winner, Elena Gutierrez!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
What an amazing Saturday Afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone face to face in San Diego for EDS2021!! https://t.co/9s9XPmW81z
SDA recognizes five core areas as vital to better practice management in A/E/C firms. By centering its educational content on these areas, SDA provides members with both the breadth and depth necessary to excel in the design industry. These 5 areas are the foundation for continuing education seminars, on-line resources, networking opportunities, and the SDA Certification Program.
SDA, the recognized leader in education for best practices in the A/E/C industry, offers a credential that recognizes your administrative and management expertise, the Certified Design Firm Administrator (CDFA) designation. The CDFA credential is a voluntary certification designed to test professional practice management and contribute to an administrator's personal and professional growth as well as their firm’s organizational growth and maturity through better practices in design firm management. Enhanced marketability and increased earning potential are just two of the many benefits CDFA certification provides.
Let SDA New York help you achieve your career goals in 2019!