We are Celebrating our 30th Anniversary!
The 2022 Canstruction New York Exhibit is coming in November!
The 29th Annual Canstruction New York Exhibit was open from November 4 - 15, 2021 at Brookfield Place, 230 Vesey Street, NY, NY in lower Manhattan. We had 16 CANmazing CANsculptures.
Take a virtual tour of the exhibit below Tour the 2021 Canstruction New York Exhibit! Click the image on the left to take a virtual tour of the 2021 exhibit! All structure images by Ashok Sinha courtesy Canstruction New York We have our winners!
Cangratulations to the award winners of the 29th Annual Canstruction New York Design/Build Competition:
- Best Original Design - DeSimone: Red Cube
- Structural Ingenuity - LERA Consulting Structural Engineers: End Hunger ATLAS-t
- Best Use of Labels - KPFF Consulting Engineers: Striking Out Hunger
- Best Meal - Urban Architectural Initiatives: Reef-Framing Hunger Honorable Mention - Microdesk: Pikachu Takes a Bite of the Big Apple
- Honorable Mention - AKF Group: CAN-tainers Stuck on the Suez CAN-al
- Most Cans - Thornton Tomasetti: Can Drawing #2021 - 9,698 cans
- Look to the Future in memory of Christine Schlendorf of Perkins Eastman - CallisonRTKL: CANucopia to End Hunger
- Cheri Award in memory of Canstruction founder, Cheri C. Melillo - Perkins Eastman: CANservancy
The People have spoken! The People's Choice winner is - Microdesk: Pikachu Takes a Bite of the Big Apple
Participate in Canstruction New York!
If your firm is interested in participating in future Canstruction New York events, please contact us at email@CanstructionNY.org.
Canstruction® New York is a 501(c)(3) Corporation. is an international charity competition where architects, engineers, contractors and students they mentor, compete to design and build giant structures made entirely from full cans of food. At the close of the New York City competition all of the food from the cansculptures and food donations from the public will be donated toNew York City is joined by over 150 cities across North America and other countries such as Australia and New Zealand who will hold Canstruction® Competitions in the coming year. Highlighting the creativity and compassion of top architectural and engineering firms, these astounding structures are helping to change the world - by lifting the spirits of those in need, by raising public awareness, and most importantly, by collecting millions of pounds of food for local food banks.
Follow Canstruction® New York on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube