The 26th Annual Canstruction New York Exhibit was a great success!
We hope you were able to visit the 2018 exhibit at Brookfield Place. If not, take a virtual tour of the exhibit below. We collected almost 65,000 pounds of food from the cans and other non-perishable food items in the cansculptures and the public donations for City Harvest!
We have our winners!
Congratulations to the award winners of the 26th Annual Canstruction New York Design/Build Competition:
- Best Original Design - RAND Engineering & Architecture, DPC: Time's Up for Hunger
- Structural Ingenuity and People's Choice - HOK: CAN-un-DRUM
- Best Use of Labels and Most Cans - WSP USA: Grand CANyon 8,235 cans
- Best Meal - AKF Engineers: Gnome More Hunger
- Honorable Mention - LERA Consulting Structural Engineers: Outrunning Hunger
- Honorable Mention - STUDIOS Architecture - Now You See It - Now You Don't
- Cheri Award - WB Engineers+Consultants: Kong-quer Hunger!
About this year's Jury
- Michael Carron, Partner, TLM Group LLC
- Dan Churchill, Executive Chef, Charley St
- John Gering, AIA, Managing Partner, HLW
- Molly Heintz,Editor in Chief, Oculus Magazine
- Matthew Katakis, Owner, Butcher Bar and Pita Pan
- Peter Poulakakos, Founder, HPH Hospitality
- Katie Workman, Author and Blogger, Dinner Solved!; The Mom 100 Cookbook; The Mom 100 Blog
From left to right: Dan Churchill, Peter Poulakakos, John Gering, Matthew Katakis, Katie Workman, Michael Carron, and Molly Heintz
Canstruction® New York is a 501(c)(3) Corporation. is an international charity competition where architects, engineers, contractors and students they mentor, compete to design and build giant structures made entirely from full cans of food. At the close of the New York City competition all of the food from the cansculptures and food donations from the public will be donated toNew York City is joined by over 150 cities across North America and other countries such as Australia and New Zealand who will hold Canstruction® Competitions in the coming year. Highlighting the creativity and compassion of top architectural and engineering firms, these astounding structures are helping to change the world - by lifting the spirits of those in need, by raising public awareness, and most importantly, by collecting millions of pounds of food for local food banks.
Follow Canstruction® New York on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+