The 26th Annual Canstruction New York is now open!
Please visit the 2018 exhibit at Brookfield Place, 230 Vesey Street in lower Manhattan between November 2nd and 15th 2018, daily (including weekends), 10 a.m. - 8 p.m, except November 15th when the exhibit closes at 6 p.m. for the dismantling of the structures. The exhibit is free to the public; however, we ask all visitors to bring a can of high-quality food to donate to City Harvest. A donation bin is available on the second level (Lobby Level on elevators). Download a map of the 2018 Canstruction New York structure locations to be sure to see all 30 structures. Directions to Brookfield Place or View a map
Vote for your favorite structure!
2018 Canstruction New York People's Choice Award Voting is now open Voting is open until the exhibit comes down on November 15th.
Canstruction® New York is a 501(c)(3) Corporation. is an international charity competition where architects, engineers, contractors and students they mentor, compete to design and build giant structures made entirely from full cans of food. At the close of the New York City competition all of the food from the cansculptures and food donations from the public will be donated toNew York City is joined by over 150 cities across North America and other countries such as Australia and New Zealand who will hold Canstruction® Competitions in the coming year. Highlighting the creativity and compassion of top architectural and engineering firms, these astounding structures are helping to change the world - by lifting the spirits of those in need, by raising public awareness, and most importantly, by collecting millions of pounds of food for local food banks.
Congratulations to the award winners of the 26th Annual Canstruction New York Design/Build Competition:
- Best Original Design - RAND Engineering & Architecture, DPC: Time's Up for Hunger
- Structural Ingenuity - HOK: CAN-un-DRUM
- Best Use of Labels - WSP USA: Grand CANyon
- Best Meal - AKF Engineers: Gnome More Hunger
- Honorable Mention - LERA Consulting Structural Engineers: Outrunning Hunger
- Honorable Mention - STUDIOS Architecture - Now You See It - Now You Don't
- Most Cans -WSP USA: Grand CANyon 8,235 cans
- Cheri Award - WB Engineers+Consultants: Kong-quer Hunger!
About this year's Jury
- Michael Carron, Partner, TLM Group LLC
- Dan Churchill, Executive Chef, Charley St
- John Gering, AIA, Managing Partner, HLW
- Molly Heintz,Editor in Chief, Oculus Magazine
- Matthew Katakis, Owner, Butcher Bar and Pita Pan
- Peter Poulakakos, Founder, HPH Hospitality
- Katie Workman, Author and Blogger, Dinner Solved!; The Mom 100 Cookbook; The Mom 100 Blog
From left to right: Dan Churchill, Peter Poulakakos, John Gering, Matthew Katakis, Katie Workman, Michael Carron, and Molly Heintz
Follow Canstruction® New York on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+